COMS Means Better Outcomes:
Improved Resident Health and Increased Revenues
The Solution is COMS
COMS Interactive, LLC focuses on processes and systems that stabilize and improve resident health, while increasing revenues for Skilled Nursing facilities and simultaneously reducing overall costs for the payor. This win-win scenario creates improvements that pay for themselves while enhancing a facility’s reputation, winning resident referrals and developing family loyalty.
COMS Interactive combines disease management, long term healthcare knowledge and business administration to reduce unnecessary hospital readmissions, improve resident healthcare and increase facility revenue. These processes can save lives and billions of dollars, and can turn every COMS facility into a profit center filled with healthier, more stable residents.
Clinical Assessment and Decision Support
Daylight IQ: Clinical Assessment and Decision Support
Daylight IQ address more than 85% of chronic diseases that
lead to re-hospitalization. By tracking resident health, the system can reduce resident re-hospitalization by 50%:
Beyond Surviving – Implementing Transformative Change
Author: Karen Widerynski, M.P.H., Courtesy of Readmission News
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) has motivated the health care industry to revise operations so they adapt and survive in a different reimbursement landscape. Moving the dial from fee-for –service to a new, more sustainable model has forced incremental changes for every provider who plans to stay in the game. But, there appears to be a “short list” of organizations where change is transformative, and results in a new kind of organizational model.
Reducing Readmissions Should be No. 1 Priority for Reducing Healthcare Costs
- (From McKnight's) Reducing readmissions would have the most significant impact in bringing down U.S. healthcare costs, according to a survey of health quality experts. Read More
A National Campaign for Fall Prevention
Prevent Healthcare-Associated Infections
- This supplement to Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology is a means of giving healthcare Pros prevention recommendations in a succinct format, promoting the application of current recommendations to clinical practice...Read More
Preventing Catheter-Associated UTIs
- This 2009 guideline updates and expands the original Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Guideline for Prevention of Catheter-associated Urinary Tract Infections (CAUTI), originally published in 1981…
- Read More
An Introduction to COMS Interactive - American HealthTech
Click to watch the video
Learn More About COMS Daylight IQ
Healthier residents mean
a healthier bottom line
What Facilities Say About Daylight IQ
- "COMS meets the needs of the healthcare environment as it evolves and continues to value a goal-oriented and cost-effective approach for solutions for all providers and consumers."
- Kyle R. Allen, D.O., Geriatrics, Riverside Medical Group
- "With the US population expected to double by the year 2030 to an astounding 70 million individuals over the age of 65, it is incumbent upon the LTC industry to identify ways to support this increased need for skilled nursing and home health care. Daylight IQ™ provides such a solution."
- Prentice Thompson, Chief Executive Officer, Foundation Health Services
- "Daylight IQ™ provides my nursing team with clinical information at the point of care, allowing each nurse to identify early changes in condition, prevent escalation of health problems, and provide the best care possible to our residents."
- Chantal Aube, RN,VP, Clinical Operations, Dominion Management Group